Book a skip

4 Yard Midi Skip Hire

Skip Size: 2.9 × 1.4 × 0.9 m

Our 4-tonne skips are suitable for all types of general waste. Ideal for bathroom and kitchen clearances.

40+ bin bag capacity(approx.)

Ordering more than 5 skips in a month?

Trade Customers please contact our office to discuss skip hire options

Enter Your Postcode

Enter your postcode to ensure we can deliver to you.

Delivery & Hire Details

Do you need a permit?

If you place a skip on any public road or pavement, grass, verge, lay-by, carpark, public property you will need a skip permit (or skip licence).There is no requirement for a permit if you put a skip on private land, such as your driveway or field.

Waste Details

  • We Don’t Accept;

    Any Dangerous, Flammable Or Hazardous Waste. See full list here

  • We Accept;


Confirm Your Skip Price


Delivery & Collection will be calculated at checkout

More Information

Our 4-tonne skips are suitable for all types of general waste. Ideal for bathroom and kitchen clearances. When a skip is required, you will undoubtedly want a service that’s speedy, reliable and, most importantly, affordable. With many satisfied customers who return to use our services again and again, you can feel confident that you are making the right choice. For legal reasons, there are materials that we are unable to take away in a skip. These include:
  • Asbestos – (separate skip required – we can arrange removal of this waste)
  • All Tyres
  • Fluorescent Tubes
  • Televisions, Computer Monitors
  • Batteries
  • Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (Including fridges, TVs, computers)
  • Gas Bottles
  • Plasterboard
  • Food waste
  • Any Hazardous material or packaging from such material
  • Chemicals and Solvents
  • Clinical Waste (such as syringes, soiled dressings, medicine bottles)
  • Tanalised Timber
  • Any Liquids including (Oil, Petrol, Diesel, Solvents, Paints, Liquids, Creosote, Corrosive Liquid)
Skips are to be filled level; drivers can be prosecuted for losing any part of their load and/or having an insecure load. Overfilled skips will not be collected and may be subject to an extra transport charge. If you have any of the above waste types please contact our office staff who will provide you with a quote for your disposal needs. By continuing with this purchase, you must adhere to the full list of Terms for our Skip Hire outlined here.


  • What can I put in the skip?

    Bricks, hard core, rubble, soil (that isn’t contaminated), domestic waste such as packaging, furniture, furnishings, fixtures and non-electrical fittings, wood, metal and plastic.

  • What can’t I put in the skip?

    For legal reasons, there are materials that we are unable to take away in a skip. These include: Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (including fridges, microwaves, hairdryers, radios, TVs, computers, kettles and toasters), gas bottles, chemicals and solvents, batteries, clinical waste (such as syringes, soiled dressings, medicine bottles), liquids (such as oil), plasterboard, tyres and asbestos.

  • Do you have the required permits and licences?

    Cartwrights waste disposal services is fully licensed by the Environment Agency as a waste carrier, waste broker and waste manager and has been providing skip hire in Shropshire for over 30 years. Our vehicles are fully licensed by the Department of Transport and fully insured. Our drivers are all licensed for heavy goods vehicles and are highly experienced in transporting, loading and off-loading skips.

  • How do you charge for skip hire?

    Your skip hire price is calculated based on the size of the skip you require, the nature of the contents, hire period, your location and the permit requirements of your local council.

  • What do you do for the price of skip hire?

    We will advise you on the size and type of skip you require and whether or not you need a permit from your local council. We will deliver your skip when you are ready for it and when you have notified us that your skip is full or that you have finished with your skip, we will collect it and reuse, recycle or recover the contents. We may be able to arrange a permit with your local council for you if you need to place your skip on the road (for more information about this, see the questions below about permits).

  • Do you recycle the contents of the skip?

    At Cartwrights, we recover 100% of the waste brought to our site. We reuse and recycle as much as possible and the remaining waste is recovered as ready-to-use fuel. None of the waste in your skip will go to landfill. Visit our main website to see our Materials Recycling Facility where the contents of your skip will be processed and also to see where materials go once they leave our site.

  • How full can I fill the skip?

    The skip should be filled no higher than the height of the sides and should be level loaded in order for us to be able to transport the skip safely.

  • Do I need a permit?

    If you need to place your skip on any public property you will require a skip permit from your local council. It is illegal to place a skip on a public highway without permission.

  • How do I acquire a permit?

    Some councils require you to apply directly for your permit, others require your skip hire provider to apply for the permit on your behalf. We can advise you on the correct procedure for your council when you contact us by email or phone.

  • How long can I keep the skip for?

    You can keep your skip between 1 and 14 days unless otherwise agreed. If your skip is on the road, you will need to check the length of time covered by your permit.

  • How do I arrange for the skip to be emptied?

    When you are ready to have your skip collected or exchanged, just give us a call on 01952 587587 or email us at and we will arrange it. Please give us at least 24 hours’ notice.

  • How do I stop fly tipping in my skip?

    If you are concerned about fly tipping in your skip, you may want to consider hiring an enclosed skip. We would be happy to discuss this option with you. You can report fly tipping to your local council, contact details will be available on their website.